Vipassana Meditation Course – Interesting Facts & Trivia
January 28, 2008 by Sandy
- This is mainly for the UM folks!! Michigan Ann Arbor has a course location too. Since the zip code is 48105, I am guessing that it is located somewhere near the campus (let’s make it a reunion activity?! Yes, I am just kidding. I ain’t that silly… haha)http://www.mi.us.dhamma.org/
- Beside the regular courses, there are also courses designed especially for kids, prisoners, as well as business executives.
- Many people think that 10 days for a meditation course is unbearably long. But really, that’s the very minimal for one to get a good grab of the Vipassana technique (if you take the course, you will understand why 10 days are needed). There are 20-day course, 30-day course, 45-day course, 60-day course. All these courses are for old students only though.
- There is more information and resources of Vipassana available for those who have completed a 10-day course, for example, Vipassana Newsletter online edition.
- It’s really cool once one has completed a 10-day course and become an old student. Instead of attending all 10 days of the course, old students can take part of the course, for example, just the first five days, or Day 4 – Day 7.
- Hong Kong Vipassana Meditation Center in Sheung Shui has already opened for more than 10 years.